The effectiveness of Emsella is highly dependent on patient cooperation. A minimum of 6 sessions, spaced twice weekly for 3 weeks is recommended. Intervals longer than one week are not advised. Maintenance is recommended every 6 months.
The following recommendations are advised in preparation of treatment:
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to your visit to help achieve best positioning during treatment. Avoid wearing clothing that contains metal close to the treatment area. Treatments may be performed fully clothed if proper attire is worn; otherwise, some clothing may need to be removed during treatment.
- Please avoid use of feminine products such as tampons or maxi pads/liners, as these may create a barrier to the treatment area. Treatment during menstruation is contraindicated, so please plan accordingly when scheduling.
- Please plan to remove all jewelry or piercings during the treatment.
- The use of electronic devices (including cell phones) is not recommended during treatment due
to the risk of damage to internal device components.
The following contraindications should be discussed with your provider if any apply:
- Pregnancy, postpartum period, nursing, and menstruation
- Electronic implants (such as cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators, and neurostimulators)
- Metal implants (including copper IUD)
- Drug pumps
- Malignant tumor
- Pulmonary insufficiency
- Injured or otherwise impaired muscles
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Contagious skin disease
- Elevated body temperature/fever
Please discuss the following concerns with your treatment provider:
- Recent hospitalizations or injuries
After the procedure:
- You may resume your usual physical activity without restrictions.