The effectiveness of Emsculpt Neo is highly dependent on patient cooperation. A minimum of 4 sessions, spaced about one week apart (5-10 day range), is advised to start. Maintenance is recommended every 1-3 months.
The following recommendations are advised in preparation of treatment:
- Please arrive to each appointment well hydrated, as the radiofrequency component of the device is more effective with adequate hydration.
- Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to your visit.
- Excessive hair in the treatment area must be removed/shaved prior to treatment.
- Please plan to remove all jewelry or piercings during the treatment.
- Please avoid body lotions or oils on or near the treatment area.
- The use of electronic devices is not recommended during treatment due to the risk of damage to internal device components.
The following contraindications should be discussed with your provider if any apply:
- Pregnancy, postpartum period, nursing, and menstruation
- Electronic implants (such as cardiac pacemakers, defibrillators, and neurostimulators)
- Metal implants (including copper IUD)
- Drug pumps
- Malignant tumor
- Pulmonary insufficiency
- Injured or otherwise impaired muscles
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Disturbance of temperature or pain perception
- Hemorrhagic conditions
- Septic conditions and empyema
- Acute inflammations
- Systemic or local infection such as osteomyelitis or tuberculosis
- Contagious skin disease
- Elevated body temperature/fever
- Basedow’s disease
Please discuss the following concerns with your treatment provider:
- Known hernia
- Recent hospitalizations or injuries
After the procedure:
- You may resume your usual physical activity without restrictions.
- Avoid saunas, hot tubs, and excessive heat to the treatment area for 24 hours.